Remove this ad

Xander212

Forumite

Site Owner

Lead

Apr 28 09 5:54 PM

Tags : :

Relics of the Past

“Relics of the Path” is a World of Warcraft RPG adventure designed for four 1st-level Alliance or Independent heroes. There are no particular race or class requirements, though it would be useful to have at least one Night Elf and one character with good trap/finding skills. Boxed text is meant be read aloud or paraphrased to the players.

The action takes place throughout the Night Elf lands of Kalimdor. The adventure involves and investigation into Night Elf history leading you ancient mysteries.

Adventure Background

Due to recent earthquake activity in Darkshore, new ruins have been discovered just south of the port town Auberdine. Scouting parties have been dispatched to these new ruins in an attempt to uncover any hidden truths. Word has reached the Explorer’s Guild, and they have dispatched a team led by Brolli Remtravel, one of their best explorers.

However disaster has struck the dig site, as Brolli’s team finally breeched the entrance to the ruins. Several large, stone golems stormed out of the entrance way and laid waste to much of the dig site and the excavation crew. Brolli barely made it out with his life.

Adventure Synopsis

The heroes are hired by Brolli to rid the dig site of the stone golems, so that he may continue investigating the ruins, and avenge his fallen team. He believes there must be something very important in the ruins if it had such strong guardians.

Unfortunately for them, all they discover in the ruins and clues to treasure in yet more ruins. And thus they are lead on a harrowing journey through ancient Night Elf ruins steeped in Lore.

For The Heroes

The adventure begins in the bustling port town of Auberdine, Darkshore. The heroes could be in the area for any number of reasons, including the following:
- En route to a major port city
- Exploring ruins of Night Elf civilization
- Investigating the increased activity of the twilight cultists at the Master’s Glaive
In any case, they may run into Brolli Remtravel in any number of places within Auberdine. He is searching for able bodied adventures to assist in avenging his fallen team.

People Of Interest

- Brolli Remtravel – Brolli is a stalwart Gnome from the Explorer’s Guild. He wears plain leather clothes, but has an array of excavation and digging tools at his belt. He is frantic in his pursuit of heroes to assist in the continued exploration of the dig site.
- Azura Stareye – Azura wears the standard garb of her Sentinel sisters’, with an elegant cape covered in glistening stars. She is very straightforward, and doesn’t have time to waste. She is exceedingly knowledgeable in regards to the layout and creatures of Darkshore.
- Xarus Runeshrine – Xarus is a very frail looking Night Elf. His attire looks to have been expensive at one point in time, but due to years of solemn study has led to a decline in his personal appearance. He is very polite and often distracted by pieces of Night Elf history. He is constantly sifting through books and scrolls, and thusly has learned a few Arcane spells (for which he is looked down on by other Night Elves). He is very knowledgeable in many facets of ancient Night Elf history, legends, ruins, and languages, although he has never actually set foot inside any ruins. He is more than happy to research anything for the heroes.

Section 1: Town Center

In the bustling center of the port town stands a clearly frantic Dwarf. People have begun to form a crowd in front of the Dwarf, trying to hear what he was bellowing about.

Area 1: Introduction

Give the heroes some time to wander over to the shouting Dwarf. If they aren’t heading in that direction, you should give them a little push toward the center of town.

“Can no one in the bloody town help me?! An army of golems has killed all me mates, and none of you tree-huggers will lift a damned finger to help.

At some point the Dwarf will see several people in the crowd, clearly dressed as some manner of adventurers and approach them.
“You! You look a couple of able bodied warriors. Help me avenge me mates, will ye? They were all killed by those bastard rock monsters over at me dig site.

Assuming the heroes accept, Brolli will go into more detail:

The Dwarf explains that he is Brolli Remtravel, lead explorer from the Explorer’s Guild. He and his team were in Darkshore on an expedition to some recently discovered ruins. Brolli’s team began digging and found a massive stone door. Upon opening the door, they were set upon by several huge stone golems. Not prepared for combat, the explorers were easily dispatched with, and Brolli barely made it out alive. He has sworn to avenge the deaths of his fallen team, but no one has been willing to help him. He offers 50gp reward, for anyone willing to help.
Allow the heroes to gather equipment and items around the town. Brolli is very impatient, so everytime he sees one of the heroes he will begin rushing them around. Anyting to speed them up. It is one day travel to the dwarven dig site. The woods are relatively quiet, but the heroes may encounter some wildlife.

GM NOTE: Bear and Nightsaber can be found in the Monster’s Guide PDF

|| Esarus Thar No Dara'Dor ... Oderint Dum Metuant || With Blood And Honor We Serve ... Let Them Hate So Long As They Fear ||

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Nov 30 09 6:42 PM

Necro-post for the win.

It's fine, I'm just wondering what more was planned for this. I actually came over here because I put up the first post of a planned Lordaeron campaign idea, and I was wondering what you'd posted here. I'm sure I looked at this a while back and didn't respond.

Quote    Reply   

Xander212

Forumite

#2 [url]

Dec 1 09 5:58 PM

Im actually still writing this Campaign. My goal was to add it here as I finished different sections. I have the first dungeon and most of the second dungeon written. But I want to get the Monsters for them before posting. Perhaps I will add some this weekend.

|| Esarus Thar No Dara'Dor ... Oderint Dum Metuant || With Blood And Honor We Serve ... Let Them Hate So Long As They Fear ||

Quote    Reply   

Xander212

Forumite

#4 [url]

Dec 3 09 5:39 PM

just some trash mobs really. I like making the booses myself cuz they are usually tricky ;) ive just been lazy.

I have the concepts for all of them, I just need to stat them out

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Dec 4 09 1:45 AM

What are you thinking? Cracked golems? A few troggs? I don't mind developing a few monsters. The level limit makes it pretty low, though--I'm not sure a golem would credibly be a CR 1 threat.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Xander212

Forumite

#6 [url]

Dec 4 09 1:06 PM

there are a few golems, random animals, and a bunch of naga.

Ill send you a message

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Apr 25 15 10:00 AM

Big Mac wrote:
Looks good so far. Do you have any more for this yet, Xander212?

I would still be interested in seeing more of this, if you have anything.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help