Remove this ad

Lead

Jun 13 09 3:04 PM

Tags : :

Lord Aliden Perenolde

10th Level Aristocrat/ 5th Level-Rogue
HD: 10d8+5d6+30 (hp 129)
BAB: +11
Abilties: Strength 16, Agility 16, Stamina 15, Intelllect 12, Spirit 16, Charisma 16
Armour Class: 23, touch 13, flat-footed 20, Initiate +3, Speed 30ft, Space/Reach: 5ft/5ft
Attack: +17 melee (1d6+ 7/19-20, longsword)
Full Attack: +17/+12/+7/+2 melee (1d8+7/19-20, longsword)
Special Abilities: Backstab (+3d6), Trapfinding, Evasion, Uncanny Dodge, Finishing Strikes
Saves: Fort +6, Ref +10, Will +11
Languages Spoken: Common
Skills: Bluff +24, Diplomacy +23, Escape Artist +21, Forgery +12, Intimidate +23, Listen +13, Profession (military commander) +24, Spot +24, Stealth +21, Survival +15.
Feats: Careful Strike, Dodge, Leadership, Mobility, Skill Focus (military commander), Skill Focus (spot), Spring Attack.
Possessions: +3 Flurry Longsword, +2 Backstabbing Dagger, +3 Renegade’s Chain Shirt of the Monkey, Ring of Protection +3, Cloak of Charisma +2, 7720gp.
CR: 14
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Description
Aliden is in his 40s; though his body is strong, his grey hair shows his age. His clothing and armour feature the Perenolde crest.
Aliden Perenolde was told from an early age that he would succeed his father as Lord of Alterac City. He was just beginning to make a name for himself in court when the Alliance sacked the city for his father’s misdeeds. Perenolde was ultimately imprisoned, and other collaborators were stripped of their titles and property, then imprisoned or exiled. His status as heir apparent was forgotten in the leaderless Syndicate. Leadership among them was in dispute. Lord Aiden Perenolde was rotting in prison (where he would eventually die), though his son Aliden attempted to assume command. Yet, the young Lord Perenolde dreamed of reclaiming his ancestral lands. Years later, he got his chance. Perenolde had since grown into a man as charismatic and ambitious as his father. With Lordaeron crippled in the aftermath of the Third War, he knew this was the time to strike. He convinced (or browbeat) the other nobles that this was the time for the Syndicate to attack openly and reclaim what was rightfully theirs. Though the Syndicate regained much of its lands and more, Perenolde will not be satisfied until he takes Alterac City from the ogres. Lord Perenolde knows he is a target for the nobles who chafe under his rule (including his children) and protects himself accordingly.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Jun 14 09 5:53 AM

I hadn't had much contact with the syndicate (and thus never bothered for their backstory), but this NPC sounds interesting. But again, the same two questions I asked about Merian: Where do the high ability scores come from? And why does he have CR 12 (when it should be 14)?

http://tagarbearclaw.webs.com/ - Lots of WoW d20 stuff and more

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Jun 14 09 8:13 AM

I did the same with Lord Aliden as I did with Merian, rolled stats for a level one Aristocrate NPC class, and added new things as he leveled and got his rogue levels. I've changed the CR to 14, I can't remember why I put it at 12...
Cheers

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Jul 31 10 9:02 AM

I'd have to ask how you calculated it, then. For characters with PC class levels, CR is equal to those; NPC class levels give you a CR of class level - 1. He has 10 levels in Aristocrat and 5 in Rogue, so that gives you a CR of 14.

Whether you view him as an appropriate challenge for adventurers of 14th level or not is another thing, but that's the "correct" way to calculate CR. In this instance it's pretty simple.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Xelloss

Forumite

#5 [url]

Aug 1 10 11:45 AM

If this guy's the final fight in a "vs Syndicate" quest or storyline, I'd even make him Elite, which would give him 4xHP, and the saving throw feats ( iron will, GF and LR), which turns him into a real challenge XD

See ya,
Xelloss

Quote    Reply   

Xelloss

Forumite

#7 [url]

Aug 3 10 10:47 AM

In this case +3 to be precise. And they gain a lot more benefits than the ones I listed XD. So it's a pretty cool way to create this final boss XD

See ya,
Xelloss

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help